Resting
“Simply trust and obey; there is no other way” – Is it really that simple?
I often find myself questioning why I have such a hard time resting in the Lord. It’s a funny thing really…kind of boggles my mind in a way. I mean, God is so faithful to all of us and specifically in my own life I have seen Him remain faithful unto His promises to me time and time again, but yet I still have a hard time resting in the knowledge of His faithfulness. When it comes down to it, I know that whatever happens it’s all in His hands and I know that the outcome will always be what is best for me whether or not it is clear to me at the time, but yet I still worry and stress myself out to no end. Why is it so hard to just simply rest?!?
Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the assurance (substance) of things hoped (expected) for, the conviction (evidence) of things not seen.”
I suppose this verse sums up the issue of faith quite well. Believing in things that do not always necessarily seem tangible. In a way these things can be seen, as you look back after the fact, in retrospect. I guess this never being able to fully rest kind of adds to the excitement of the Christian Life. As it causes us to not allow ourselves to just take ‘everything working out in the end’ for granted. If we were to have that absolute ability to just simply rest, I think our Walk would grow to be somewhat stagnant. Nothing to hope for…no sense of anticipation…I think that this anticipation and adrenaline that can be provoked in us as we wonder and worry and stress about what the end result is going to be, aids in drawing us away from a state of complacency, at least to some degree. In a way, this anticipation causes a hunger to know more and gain more understanding of who God is and what His Will and purposes are…like why does He cause bad things to happen, why does He allow us to come to points of great anxiety and stressfulness?!? Maybe, in part, it’s just a way of God drawing us closer to Himself as we seek to understand just what in the world He is up to. In another light, it is a way of us always seeking to build up our faith. In reality there are so many facets to what the meaning of it all is…but really this is the wonder of it all!
“But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.”
-2 Corinthians 2:14-

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home