To be content or not to be content...that is the question!
Well I decided to read Bruchko again last night and finished this morning. I really enjoyed reading it when I was at Capernwray, so I thought it would be good to read it again…I find that when I read through books for a second or third time that I often find things that I missed in my reading the first time…this has proven to be true with this book. What an encouragement this book is to believers! In the first part of the book, Bruce Olsen, in sharing of His experience with the Motilone tribe in S. America shares that “For a Motilone, to have a full stomach means more than not to want more food. It means contentedness, satisfaction with life, happiness.” It really made me think about where I was at in terms of having a ‘full stomach’ such as that to which he alludes. Am I content and satisfied with life? And is it possible to ever reach a place of perfect contentedness?!? I think that as we walk with the Lord and grow deeper in our relationship with Him this becomes addressed and gradually we grow to be more content in all aspects of life. As we learn more of Him, we become more content in who we are in Him and where He has placed us in this life. I know for myself, at present I don’t think I can truly say I am content in the present circumstance I find myself in. In reading some of the comments Olsen makes, it really made me think about my brief time in India. When I first arrived there, I deeply felt so at peace and content with where I was…it was just one of those God things as He gave me a confirmation within that He wanted me there right then…What a feeling it is to know that you are where God wants you and doing what He wants you to be doing! It’s so amazing really! Thinking of this causes me to long to return and I question God’s will in my desire to go back to GVBC and also whether or not returning would allow me to achieve such a level of contentment, satisfaction, and happiness. What does it really mean to be content anyways…satisfied, I suppose; feeling that there is substance to where you’re at; a sense of fulfillment…I think true contentment will be attained when we reach our eternal home with the Lord, but in the meantime, how can I be content? Having a thankful heart, may be the first step…as we are thankful in all things, we grow to be content in all things!

1 Comments:
Hey Brownie! It's good to hear from you, and good to see you on the Web too. It's great to hear that you're finding your satisfaction in the Lord. esm. Chris
Post a Comment
<< Home