"I will give You thanks with all my heart;
I will sing praises to You before the gods.
I will bow down toward Your holy temple
And give thanks to Your name
for Your lovingkindness and Your truth.
For You have magnified Your word
according to all Your name.
On the day I called, You answered me;
You made me bold with strength in my soul
All the kings of the earth
will give thanks to You, O LORD,
When they have heard the words of Your mouth.
And they will sing of the ways of the LORD,
For great is the glory of the LORD.
For though the LORD is exalted,
Yet He regards the lowly,
But the haughty He knows from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
You will revive me;
You will stretch forth Your hand
against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me.
The LORD will accomplish what concerns me;
Your lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands."
(Psalm 138)
I was lead to this Psalm about two weeks ago, at a time when I felt like I was about to have a serious breakdown - it was truly providential. It has played a significant role in my life these past few weeks in encouraging me to remain in a heart and mindset of thankfulness and just in continuing to press on - the last verse of this has been key, specifically the truth that "The LORD will accomplish what concerns me!" That my concerns are His - He cares and so long as I am willing to let go of these things and give them to Him, He will take care of them. They are His as much as I am His. It is one of those truths that I was previously aware of, but being able to read it, to see it in written form, just made it seem all the more real to me. The fact that He is "intimately acquainted with all my ways." (Psalm 139:3) is such a heart-warming and refreshing thought...intimacy with God - what a magnificent thing to grasp. I am thankful that He continues to carry me through each day by His grace.

1 Comments:
Hey you.. thanks for that encourgement! I love that psalm! What week are you heading out to Capes??
luv,
Sam:)
Post a Comment
<< Home