"Z"

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Jesus, You never cease to amaze me!

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound?
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I'm found.
Was blind, but now I see so clearly.

Hallelujah grace like rain, falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear
the hour I first believed.

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing your praise
Than when we first begun."
---
I was literally brought to tears today just in reflection upon God's grace...the reality of its abundance...how Great is His grace that He pours out upon us...it is far from just a mere sprinkle; it is really more like an intense downpour. Yet, I think far too often we grow numb, so to speak, towards this very nature of God. Far too often, we fail to recognize this, in light of our day to day tasks, mainly because we just simply expect it to happen without really even considering it. But why? Why should we expect it...what did we do to deserve it?...we did nothing - that is the beauty of it. We need to be mindful of it. We need to continually be thankful for it...not just simply by saying "thanks", but by extending it through our own actions as we interact with others. "We've no less days to sing your praise, than when we first begun" - we should never cease to praise Him for all that He is and for all that He does. How magnificent is our God! The wonder of His majesty...of all that He Is...of His Sovereignty...of His Grace...of His Love...of His mercy...it will never cease to amaze me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad and Samantha said...

Thanks Zabrina for that wonderful reminder.In the time that I have known you I have been so encourged to see the growth that has taken place in your heart and life. Thanks for keeping it real!
Luv,
Samantha:)

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home