what i desire
I find that it is so easy to allow life to overwhelm oneself with futility that throughout our day we often lose sight of the centrality of what life is all about..."All things created by Him and for Him." Simply put, we are nothing without Him - it is in and through Him we have this life...we find ourselves in Him. He is the epitomy of what joy is and in this we should be resounding in joy in who He is and who He has created us to be - His children. Whether we choose to live in light of this or not, it does not cease to be true.
I love this quote from a book I'm reading right now - it is so well-worded...
"God created me - and you - to live with a single, all-embracing, all-transforming passion - namely, a passion to glorify God by enjoying and displaying his supreme excellence in all the spheres of life. Enjoying and displaying are both crucial. If we try to display the excellence of God without joy in it, we will display a shell of hypocrisy and create scorn or legalism. But if we claim to enjoy his excellence and do not display it for others to see and admire, we deceive ourselves, because the mark of God enthralled joy is to overflow and expand by extending itself into the hearts of others. The wasted life is the life without a passion for the supremacy of God in all things and for the joy of all people."
As His children, may we seek to enjoy Him and not only seek this (as simply seeking doesn't necessarily constitute acting out), but allow ourselves to be overcome by the joy of His Spirit living and moving and working within us. May you allow this passion for Him and for living solely for Him and not our own selfish ambitions overwhem you and affect your life and the way you live each day.

1 Comments:
Such an encouragement! What book is that quote from?? It sounds great. I am only staying here until the end of the summer and then I am going back home and I'm going to school. I'm pretty excited about it too. My sister's also getting marrie din October so that should be really fun!
God bless and thanks again for the words of wisdom and the reality check!
Post a Comment
<< Home