Life
So I started university at the beginning of September...taking pre-reqs to hopefully go into physio. Finally starting to somewhat enjoy it although it is hard being back into a school/studying mind-set after two years of not really having to use that part of my brain. It's good though. Challenges are good. So thats that.
Outside of school, I've started teaching Sunday school this year at my church to a group of jr. high girls. I'm really enjoying it so far and I would imagine that it would only get better. Its been nice as a few years ago, before heading off to Capernwray and then India, I lead Bible studies and stuff for these same girls - so a relationship has already been built which makes it easier to connect with them. The not so great part of teaching is that b/c it coincides with worship practice, I'm no longer able to sing with the team. My pastor and I are hoping to start up a basketball ministry in the new year - I haven't played - like really played, for ages, so I'm really looking forward to the possibility of it too. It seems as though many ministry/sevice opportunities have been brought my way this year which is so great.
Life is so full these days - often find that I'm pressed for time, but God has been so faithful to remind me that He is in control of it all. I am so thankful for this assurance I can have in Him...still struggling to rest, but learning slowly. I've been questioning so much of life lately. I'm not really feeling 'spiritually' challenged at my church or in the small group I am involved in. And the other small group that I used to also attend is no longer meeting which is disappointing in a way b/c it was the one place that I did feel challenged. This is something that I've been dealing with for awhile, but not totally sure what to do about it. For the past year or so I've been praying about my place in my church and whether or not I should move on, but haven't yet felt a peace about leaving. I've found another church that has a saturday evening service - checked it out last week and plan to make it a regular happening - it was really refreshing - just good leadership with people who are visibily in love with the Lord. God is so faithful to provide exactly what I need when I need it - so thankful for this!
Well all for now - hope you're all doing well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home