"Z"

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Be the Centre
Michael Frye

Jesus, be the centre
Be my source, be my light
Jesus

Jesus, be the center
Be my hope, be my song
Jesus

Be the fire in my heart
Be the wind in these sails
Be the reason that I live
Jesus, Jesus

Jesus, be my vision
Be my path, be my guide
Jesus



It is truly hard to maintain the focus at times, but this is - more than anything - what I desire in my life. The amazing thing is I can have this, but I need to make that choice to daily, moment-by-moment surrender my all to him. It is at this moment that He will truly be the centre and sovereign ruler of my life. But the choice remains - brought back to mind each day - will I make that choice? Will I choose to let go of all that I hold onto and all that I feel 'secure' in - true security and freedom exists in one place only - in Him. He is security and a hiding place. He is light in the darkness. But yet knowing this I hold myself back from all that He is far too often. God's love is so unfathomable - amidst my ongoing unfaithfulness and sometimes unwillingness to truly surrender, He holds on to me - waiting for me to draw near to Him and give of myself wholeheartedly. This truth is something I am so thankful for. I am thankful for who God is and who I am in Him - who He makes me - Complete! What an amazing gift He has bestowed upon us. He undoubtedly is the 'fire in my heart' - what keeps me going each day - I am thankful for the hope, rest, and love that can only be reached through relationship with Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home