"Z"

Friday, April 27, 2007

First Week of Freedom

So one would probably think that being done school for the summs is great...not to say that this is not necessarily true, but that it is not as great as I thought it might be...this week has actually been somewhat dull. Its been good in the sense that I have gotten a lot done...like vacuuming, laundry, cleaning bathrooms (fun stuff, i know! - actually, I kind of find cleaning relaxing - yes, I'm strange I know!) I guess I just don't enjoy being at home all day long...its not that I can't go anywhere b/c I do have a vehicle, but its more the question of where would I go?! I wish I was working more right now, but unfortunately, I likely won't be working all that much until the end of May or beg. of June when ppl start taking more holidays...such is the life of a casual - this week i only had two shifts. Having said that, I'm sure that once I start having full work weeks, I'll be wishing I had more time off...so I suppose I just need to be content with what I've been given at the time. I think next week I'll start to get some more reading done - something, I've started to get into a lot more in the last month or so. It takes a lot for me to actually pick up a book and read it, but once I start there's no stopping. I finished reading Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper a few weeks ago now and would like to go through it again and I really want to reread The Saving Life of Christ by Major Ian Thomas...it was a book we had to read at Capes and had to answer questions on but when I read it there I didn't really read it to absorb it, but rather just zoomed through it so that I could just answer the questions.

I also did some prep for my interview this week...which I think is going well - I still have a bit more I want to go through. I must say I am pretty nervous about the whole thing. However, I did meet up with one of the people interviewing me from HSC this week and found out that there are a total of 4 interviewers this year (i think there were 5 last year)...two of which I've already met and spent some time with, so I think that should help me to not be so nervous during the interview. I think the other two ppl were the same as last year, but I haven't had an opportunity to get to know them...I figure 2 out of 4 isn't so bad. I really want to get in this year. I think that when I applied last year, I wasn't serious about it and applied only b/c I figured "what have i got to lose?!" and I didn't have as much knowledge about what I was applying for at that time...but all that has definitely changed. So if you think of it, I'd appreciate your prayer for this whole process...not necessarily that I'd get into the program, b/c I don't really know that this is the Lord's will for my life, but more that I would just be prepared for whatever the outcome is and also that I would just feel 'relaxed' during the interview and not get so worked up about it...its on Monday at 1pm. Thanks in advance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home