"Z"

Monday, October 30, 2006

Living the good Life!

Well I feel like I need to give an update as there have been so many great things going on lately. To start, two weekends ago was the Central Canada Franklin Graham Festival held here in Winnipeg. It was so incredible and refreshing and such a blessing to be a part of. I was able to help out at the book tables, do some data-entry as part of the co-labour team, and had an even greater privilege of being a counsellor for the festival. What a joy to be able to encourage others in their walk with the Lord and lead new believers into a relationship with Him. In total over 2000 people came forward at the festival! There were four events throughout the weekend and I was able to counsel one person per event. I am excited as I anticipate how the follow-up goes with these people. I pray that the Lord would give me wisdom in knowing how to specifically encourage and direct the different issues these people face. Definitely a wonderful and in many ways a humbling experience.

In a previous post, i mentioned that I had started attending a new church on saturday evenings (but still going to my other church on Sunday mornings). I've been going now for about a month or so. It has been so good going there and I've been really challenged and reminded of so many things. The people there have been really welcoming and the pastor is so evidently in love with the Lord. It has been so encouraging. I've also just gotten involved with a small grp. at this new church as of this past weekend. The grp. members seem really grounded in their faith and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better and to be able to grow alongside them.

The Sunday school class I'm teaching has also been going really well - which has been encouraging for me to see. I was a little anxious at first about how it would go, but it has actually been really positive. A challenge, but good nonetheless!

Other than that my life revolves around school. Just finished my last midterm this past friday. One more month until more exams come around - crazy life as a student - so busy. But, in some wierd way, even though i'm not doing as well as I had hoped (need to kick it up a notch!), I'm really enjoying it. I mean yes, its tiring and lots of work, but it has been a good change for me and it's always good meeting new people and building new relationships.

Yes, so life is good. I am really liking it and finding myself enjoying it all. I've really been feeling quite content these last few days - its been good. I'm actually kind of liking being at home for the year finally. Although, I'm not liking the snow so much. It snowed like crazy today while i was at school and it took me about 75 min. to drive home from uni today when normally it only takes 25 - 30 min. - the roads were crazy insane and slippery.

Anyways, all for now! Blessings to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home