"Z"

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

His Sufficiency

Something I have been prompted to reflect upon recently is the sufficiency of Christ. What defines sufficiency...adequacy, perhaps that which is enough to satisfy or complete or needs. The society we live in seeks to fill the voids felt in life with the things of this world namely money, status/sucess, friendships, 'love', the most recent electronic gizmo...Sure, 'happiness' can be attained for a time through such things, but is it enough to adequately satisfy/complete us?...I think the answer is a resounding "no". I often find myself caught up in the pursuit of success. I do not necessarily believe it is wrong to pursue this, but my point is that it should not stand in the way of my pursuit of a deepened relationship with Christ. Christ should come first. Success may make one 'feel good' temporarily until the next task is given to conquer, but it is not enough to fully satisfy . What is enough?...Christ...He is enough...in fact He surpasses being enough - so much more than we need or deserve. He IS so much more awesome than we can ever come to know. It is unfortunate that we often do not consider this reality nearly as much as we should...it is what we do with this realization that makes the difference. It is so easy to say "yes, I believe He is enough...He is sufficient"...and then to not act accordingly. I pray that you would consider this truth...which will never waver...and allow Christ to be enough for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home