His Fullness
More of God...is this something that can be attained? I have been thinking about how sometimes people comment on how they want "more of God" - to receive more of Him, but I think that God has already given us His all, all of Himself for us to embrace and thus it is moreso a matter of what parts of this we choose to take hold of. I think we like to take the parts that we can make 'work' in our current lifestyle, parts that do not bring about a need for changing our ways and that allow us to remain 'comfortable'. This is where the caution lies...to not allow ourselves to become comfortable in our ways, but to be on guard. It is at these times of 'comfort' that we are most susceptible to temptation/falling away. The routine of life so easily draws us away from the epitomy of what life is about - a life lived for God. How does one achieve a constant sense of self-awareness of where they are at in this regard? I do realize that it is inevitable for man to fail in this manner, but is that really an excuse to just let it be? My heart aches in reflection on how one can be in such deep relationship with the Lord and 'doing well spiritually', only to fall into the pit of the world without even realizing when or how it happened...picking up the pieces is a difficult thing. Guilt lies in having failed to continue pursuit of a deepened relationship...it can be hard to overcome this guilt. But the realization/reminder and acceptance of His grace and mercy is what it comes down to. I once heard someone comment on how "if God can forgive us, how can we not forgive ourselves?! Do we consider our opinion to be higher than God's?" Essentially this is all it is...accepting this great gift He has given us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home