Missing the Kids
Oh how I miss my niece and nephew. Sure they are a lot of work to keep up with and leave me so tired at the end of the day, but that pales in comparison to how great and how cute they are! I miss Skylar (my niece who is 2 1/2 yrs old) coming into my room in the morning calling me out of bed...every morning it was the same "come on, come on! let's go!" and even though I'd be dead tired (especially the first morning when she came to wake me up at 5:45am) how could i say no to such a sweetie! And then there was the one morning when she was watching me get ready for the day and when I grabbed my toothbrush she said she wanted to brush my teeth for me...so first I brushed them and then when I was done, let her get a little brushing action in for me too!...so precious! and it was fun getting to brush her teeth for her too! And then there is little Makias (my nephew) who will be one on July 5...what a little guy. He has quite the smirk. (hoping to get some pics posted sometime soon) and although it was a little wierd when he'd be gnawing on my face, arms, and legs (he's teething), I miss him so much too!
Yup, so I'm pretty sad that they are gone and now it'll be about another 6 months until I see them again at Christmas...such is life. But I am so thankful for the time I did get to enjoy with them this past week - what a gift and blessing!

1 Comments:
Ahh! I wish I could see them!! I'm so glad they could come visit you! Your niece sounds so fun!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home