"Z"

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Seeking Boldness

So here is my situation....at work there is this guy who I often end up talking to during my evening shifts and every so often the topic of religion comes up. This happened again last night...it was the perfect opportunity to share what I believe with him. He claims to believe in God. He went to a catholic church for the majority of his childhood and eventually just got bored with church and religion. He feels that he already knows all He can and thats enough - it's unfortunate that He does not recognize one of the primary aspects (from my viewpoint) of the Christian faith, that being 'relationship' with God. It is not so much a matter of just attaining the knowledge, but of having a personal relationship with Him. I think part of the reason I often stray away from going forth in sharing is because I usually feel a little wierd about it when the person is a fair bit older than me, which he is...10 years older and also find myself held back when it is a guy. I don't want it to seem like I'm arrogant in thinking that I know everything and have all the answers because I definitely do not. I know that asking the Lord for help in maintaining a boldness with humility is the first step, but I guess I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on how to approach this?
Thanks in advance!

1 Comments:

Blogger agapetos said...

I'm not sure I have much advice, but I want you to know I'm praying for you and for this guy. I guess my only thoughts are to let your passion and relationship with Christ show, and don't get too caught up in all the "logical facts" of the faith. There are important details, but I think people are more drawn to your story of your relationship with Christ, more then just heady theology. I personally find that debating with people facts about Christ or the Bible is kind of useless. Be convinced of His love for you and for everyone and let that show in how you talk about Him. Don't know that that helps much .... oh, and the age thing .... don't even think about it! Likely to him you're just another adult ... I don't see age much any more and in just a few years you won't feel so much younger then everyone! You're his peer/coworker, a fellow adult! Don't let the age thing mean anything! (I sure ramble for someone who thought they had nothing to say!)

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home