"Z"

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

satisfaction

"We were made to see and savour God - and savoring him, to be supremely satisfied, and thus spread in all the world the worth of his presence." (John Piper)

Seeing and savouring God = supreme satisfaction
Seems like a pretty simple equation, but yet so difficult. I crave this supreme satisfaction that is alluded to and sure I go through periods of time in which I feel I have attained it, but imagine if it could be constant! I am certain much of it has to do with attitude and how much effort I am willing to put into nurturing my relationship with the Lord...it is my own fault essentially, when I am not feeling so satisfied. I am thankful for the promise God gives us in James 4:8 - that He will draw near to us as we draw near to Him! I fall so immeasurably short of all that he wants of me...wouldn't it be great if the worth of his presence could be displayed in the way I live my life.
---

I have been so challenged through the words the Lord has spoken to me through Piper. I am just in the process of reading through one of his books, Don't Waste Your Life, for the second time. I have found that the way he interprets our purpose in life to be a great representation of what our lives should be lived for - God's glory! Much of what he has to say has really spoken to me and challenged me to evaluate how I live my life and changes I need to make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home