"Z"

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

the last week or so...

Well, I figured I'd give a little briefing as to what I've been up to of late. Spent the week out at Capes last week...it was good, but wierd. Wierd in the sense that I was grouped with the adults for the week which basically consisted of middle-aged married couples and then me the single twenty-one year old - having said that it was still fun getting to interact with them and stuff. I guess I'm kind of used to being around mostly older people from my job. But yeah it was so good getting to see some friends from both when I was on staff there as well as from when I was a student. And the teaching was really good too - went throught the book of James and a few of the different 'names' of God( I may expand on that later). Oh and I got to go ocean fishing again which was so fun, even though I only caught one fish (a rock cod) and a bunch of seaweed! And how could I forget to mention the fish eye I caught...yep, it's true...one time I reeled in my line to find not a fish, but just its eye hooked onto my lure. It was a little gross, but sort of fun at the same time. So yeah, Capes was really good - I love the island so much...it serves as a powerful reminder for me of God's sovereignty in respect to the beauty of His creation - absolutely breathtaking!

Left Capernwray on Friday and headed off to Surrey, BC to visit one of my roommates from Bible school until Sunday. Got to go to the Vancouver aquarium for the first time and saw some beluga whales and dolphins and stuff - pretty sweet!

Met up with Waseem & Jenn (my bro & his wife) at the Van airport and then flew back to Calgary on Sunday. So now I'm here for the year. Doesn't really feel real yet. Probably won't until I start school and get into the routine of things. But it feels nice being on my own and its been good getting to hang out with W & J too.

So yeah, I think thats all for now. Hoping to post some pics of my new home in the next week or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home